MyAutoEvents.com Forum Index MyAutoEvents.com
Discussion and Support Forums

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Automatic Publishing for "Known" Users?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    MyAutoEvents.com Forum Index -> Feature Requests
View previous topic :: View next topic  
nhallman

PostPosted: Sat Oct 06, 2007 11:20 am    Post subject: Automatic Publishing for "Known" Users? Reply with quote

We've used MyAutoEvents.com for several years, and after the site switched to a for-pay model, one issue that keeps cropping up is the waiting period between listing an event and having that event be published.

I'm assuming that the events go into a queue and are only published once they are reviewed by a human, to prevent bogus entries, etc. However, I often post the event and then move on to other frantic event-planning efforts and forget to check back later to add online registration.

Would it be possible to have events for certain users/organizations be automatically published, like a "trusted" list of users? We've published events for years, and you can be certain that anything posted under my username (or under my club's name) will be the real deal.

It's possible I'm overlooking some of the other purposes for human review that you may have, though... so, failing that, would it be possible to e-mail an automatic notification to me when our newly listed event has been published?

Thanks!

Nick Hallman
South Carolina Region SCCA
nhallman

PostPosted: Sat Oct 06, 2007 11:24 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

BTW, I have almost no concept of how long it takes to review and publish an event... I usually wind up checking back after 2-3 days.... though since it's been on my mind, I've checked more frequently this time, and it was published within about 2-3 hours.

Maybe if I was less forgetful, this wouldn't be such an issue. :-D
MyAutoEvents
Site Admin

PostPosted: Sun Oct 07, 2007 9:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nick -

You are correct about the human review queue to keep out the bogus events. The time it takes to review and approve depends on when the event is submitted (weekends generaly take longer to approve).

However, automatic publishing is built in (in two ways) and you have full control over the ability for your events to be automatically published.

The KEY is that the primary email address associated with the account used to list the event (not necessarily your personal email if you are using a "club" account to list the event) must be listed in the event contacts area for the event OR as an "event agent" on the club details of your club. If there is a match in either of these places, your event will be published instantly.

Someone posting a bogus event typically won't list their own email address as a contact so this is an easy way to filter out the wiseguys. Wink

Good idea on the automatic notification when an event is published manually. Makes a ton of sense! I'll look into that possibility as well. Cool
nhallman

PostPosted: Mon Oct 08, 2007 10:16 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Aha! My profile was using an older account, so it did not match the one I used in the event contacts/event agents section. Changed that, so that should do it.

Thanks!!

--Nick
MyAutoEvents
Site Admin

PostPosted: Mon Oct 08, 2007 5:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

nhallman wrote:
Aha! My profile was using an older account, so it did not match the one I used in the event contacts/event agents section. Changed that, so that should do it.

Good deal - I thought that might be the case. (Ok, I looked at your profile prior to posting my reply so I *knew* that was the case. Wink )

You brought up an excellent point about the notification when an event is approved (manually or otherwise), so I did some tinkering and put that notification in place today. Thanks for the suggestion! Cool

http://forums.myautoevents.com/viewtopic.php?t=166
Post new topic   Reply to topic    MyAutoEvents.com Forum Index -> Feature Requests All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: