MyAutoEvents.com Forum Index MyAutoEvents.com
Discussion and Support Forums

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Multiple entry lists per event?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    MyAutoEvents.com Forum Index -> Feature Requests
View previous topic :: View next topic  
soma07

PostPosted: Tue Dec 18, 2007 1:57 pm    Post subject: Multiple entry lists per event? Reply with quote

Hello,

Starting in January our club is going to start limiting the number of non-members we allow to run with us to 40. We are also going to require non-members to pre-register and pre-pay via MAE.

The problem is we would also like our regular members to be able to pre-register/pay as well but I can't think of a way to keep the members and non-members seperate in the same event.

Ideally there would be one entry list for non-members (capped at 40 entries) and another entry list for members which would be password protected.

Do you have any suggestions on how we could make this work via the MAE website?

Thanks!
Jason Stroud
Martin Sports Car Club
MyAutoEvents
Site Admin

PostPosted: Wed Dec 19, 2007 9:17 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi Jason -

Right now the only way to restrict the number of entries for members/non-members is to have separate events and entry lists for each group. If you are using AXWare, this would work without issue as you can import from multiple sources to create a single AXWare timing/scoring file.

I am currently working on functionality that will soon allow event organizers to define "groups" and specify a maximum entry count for each group. This feature is intended to give event organizers more control of their events by splitting the entry list into individual heats, race groups, or track sessions and limiting the number of entries based on these splits. This functionality will be available early 2008.

I see where you are coming from and can understand why you'd want to restrict entries based on membership. Let me see if the group functionality as defined can be extended to cover your situation as well.

Thanks for the question! Cool
soma07

PostPosted: Wed Dec 19, 2007 10:35 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

MyAutoEvents wrote:

Right now the only way to restrict the number of entries for members/non-members is to have separate events and entry lists for each group. If you are using AXWare, this would work without issue as you can import from multiple sources to create a single AXWare timing/scoring file.

Steve,

We are using Axware and I thought about using separate events for the two groups but two events means two event listing fee's and we would like to avoid that Smile

We'll be looking forward to whatever you come up with for '08. Thanks for trying to accommodate us!

Jason
Post new topic   Reply to topic    MyAutoEvents.com Forum Index -> Feature Requests All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: