MyAutoEvents.com Forum Index MyAutoEvents.com
Discussion and Support Forums

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Copying Event Contacts & Event Editing priveleges

Post new topic   Reply to topic    MyAutoEvents.com Forum Index -> Feature Requests
View previous topic :: View next topic  
macregistrar

PostPosted: Tue Feb 26, 2008 1:38 pm    Post subject: Copying Event Contacts & Event Editing priveleges Reply with quote

Part 1:
In creating our events for '08, I was reminded of the most tedious aspect (at least for me) of event setup. The "copy event" feature is great, but doesn't copy any of the event officials. As a result, I have to manually enter contact info for 4-5 people, times 15 events. Why doesn't the copy function bring this informaiton over as well?

Part 2:
In the depths of my memory banks, it seems to me that ORGANIZATION officials/contacts used to have event editing priveleges on MAE. However, we currently need to add anyone who needs editing priveleges to every single event. What would be perfect is a checkbox next to each organization contact that would allow you to assign event editing permissions. This would give you the flexibility to not give access to all contacts, and would eliminate the need to add "behind the scenes" contacts to every single event, in order to provide them with edit permissions.

Steve Garnjobst
Minnesota Autosports Club

Last edited by macregistrar on Tue Feb 26, 2008 2:15 pm; edited 1 time in total
MyAutoEvents
Site Admin

PostPosted: Tue Feb 26, 2008 2:02 pm    Post subject: Re: Copying Event Contacts & Event Editing priveleges Reply with quote

macregistrar wrote:
Part 1:
In creating our events for '08, I was reminded of the most tedious aspect (at lest for me) of event setup. The "copy event" feature is great, but doesn't copy any of the event officials. As a result, I have to manually enter contact info for 4-5 people, times 15 events. Why doesn't the copy function bring this informaiton over as well?

It does. I mean it should. If it isn't then that is a bug. I'll look into it!

macregistrar wrote:
Part 2:
In the depths of my memory banks, it seems to me that ORGANIZATION officials/contacts used to have event editing priveleges on MAE. However, we currently need to add anyone who needs editing priveleges to every single event. What would be perfect is a checkbox next to each organization contact that would allow you to assign event editing permissions. This would give you the flexibility to not give access to all contacts, and would eliminate the need to add "behind the scenes" contacts to every single event, in order to provide them with edit permissions.

It isn't the Organization CONTACTS, but rather the Organization AGENTS that have access to edit all your events. Add these individuals to the Organization AGENTS area of your Organization listing and you won't need to add them to all the events individually. This is by far the easiest way to give the "behind the scenes" folks access to all your events.

Cool
MyAutoEvents
Site Admin

PostPosted: Tue Feb 26, 2008 2:22 pm    Post subject: Re: Copying Event Contacts & Event Editing priveleges Reply with quote

MyAutoEvents wrote:

It does. I mean it should. If it isn't then that is a bug. I'll look into it!

Yup. That was a bug. Fixed!

(Probably doesn't help you too much now but I'm sure others thank you!)

Cool
macregistrar

PostPosted: Tue Feb 26, 2008 2:29 pm    Post subject: Re: Copying Event Contacts & Event Editing priveleges Reply with quote

MyAutoEvents wrote:
It isn't the Organization CONTACTS, but rather the Organization AGENTS that have access to edit all your events. Add these individuals to the Organization AGENTS area of your Organization listing and you won't need to add them to all the events individually. This is by far the easiest way to give the "behind the scenes" folks access to all your events.

Cool

After some testing, I think I know what the issue is now. You're right about the Agent list being able to edit events. That's the feature I was remembering from the distant past when I set up our organization.

What the users were complaining about is that only the event creator, or someone explicitly listed as an event contact gets a list of events when clicking on "My Event Listings". For agents who didn't create an event, they either need to be added to the event contact list, or need to manually add the event (s) to their personal calendar.

So, I'll revise my feature request - When an agent clicks on "My Event Listings", I would like the system to display a list of events that agent has edit priveleges for - regardless of whether or not they have been added to specific events as a contact.

-Steve
MyAutoEvents
Site Admin

PostPosted: Tue Feb 26, 2008 2:32 pm    Post subject: Re: Copying Event Contacts & Event Editing priveleges Reply with quote

macregistrar wrote:

So, I'll revise my feature request - When an agent clicks on "My Event Listings", I would like the system to display a list of events that agent has edit priveleges for - regardless of whether or not they have been added to specific events as a contact.

That's actually one of the features included in the "many things" coming in March. Wink
Post new topic   Reply to topic    MyAutoEvents.com Forum Index -> Feature Requests All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: