MyAutoEvents.com Forum Index MyAutoEvents.com
Discussion and Support Forums

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Bulk upload of registration

Post new topic   Reply to topic    MyAutoEvents.com Forum Index -> Feature Requests
View previous topic :: View next topic  
FCSCC

PostPosted: Sun Jul 01, 2007 4:19 pm    Post subject: Bulk upload of registration Reply with quote

Well, I had written a long post, but my session timed out before I was able to post it, and it was lost. Here's the quick version --

We do reserved numbers. I set up one event at the beginning of the year to hold the reserved numbers. Manually entering each club member into that through the multi-step "mail-in entry" procedure was a pain.

We also "reserve" numbers for each event based on registrations from previous events. So, e.g., if you show up at Points Event #3 and we give you #222, you get to run #222 for the rest of the season. This is for members and non-members alike. This means that after each event, we would need to add an additional 20-50 drivers to the master "Reserved Entries" event. My registration chair is now rebelling.

Also, as I understand it, if we use Points Event #3 as the reserved number event for Points Event #4, any drivers in the master Reserved Numbers event that did not register for Points Event #3 can have their number poached, as you can only choose 1 event as the source of reserved numbers. (Allowing multiple events as number sources would be a coding nightmare, since you'd have to deal with conflicts.)

A bulk upload of registration data would go a long way to solving this problem. We could create a text file of "new" drivers and numbers, and upload it into the Reserved Numbers master event, adding those entries in one easy step. I could even create a custom report in AutoX T/S that output these entries. You could write code so that if a number is uploaded that already exists in the event, it overwrites that number's entry data. Or it could ignore the row in the upload file. Or it could throw an error to the user telling them the conflicting number. All in all, it makes it easier to maintain one master event as the single source of reserved numbers for all our regular events.

What do you think?

Thanks,
Dave Williamson
President, FCSCC
MyAutoEvents
Site Admin

PostPosted: Sun Jul 01, 2007 8:21 pm    Post subject: Re: Bulk upload of registration Reply with quote

FCSCC wrote:
What do you think?

I think you nailed it.

I've been having an email discussion with a representative from another club that has a process and requirements nearly identical to yours.

I understand what you are saying and my intent is to have something very close to what you describe in place before the end of the season.

Cool
macregistrar

PostPosted: Mon Feb 25, 2008 7:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hey Steve,

Any progress on this capability?

Steve Garnjobst
Minnesota Autosports Club
MyAutoEvents
Site Admin

PostPosted: Mon Feb 25, 2008 8:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

macregistrar wrote:
Hey Steve,

Any progress on this capability?

Steve Garnjobst
Minnesota Autosports Club

Yes, it is in the works and will be available soon* (plus a lot of other stuff too!).

* Soon = targeting sometime in March Cool
macregistrar

PostPosted: Tue Feb 26, 2008 1:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Excellent!
MyAutoEvents
Site Admin

PostPosted: Tue Feb 26, 2008 1:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Steve -

Did you receive the email I sent you yesterday? It would be *really* helpful if you could provide me with a sample export from your timing system to use as a test/verification of the upload/sync process.
macregistrar

PostPosted: Tue Feb 26, 2008 2:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

MyAutoEvents wrote:
Steve -

Did you receive the email I sent you yesterday? It would be *really* helpful if you could provide me with a sample export from your timing system to use as a test/verification of the upload/sync process.

I just saw it. My Outlook appears to have blown up - I had to rebuild all my accounts. Crying or Very sad

I can give you a report from Axware, however our permanent number information is maintained in a spreadsheet, not Axware. With the spreadsheet data, we can export it in pretty much whatever format required.
MyAutoEvents
Site Admin

PostPosted: Tue Mar 25, 2008 1:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Just to give an update on this...

The upload and parsing functionality is complete. Still working on the data-merge component.

I was originally hoping to have this in place before the end of March, but at this point I'm going to have to delay that at least a week. I'm leaving on vacation on Friday the 28th and don't want to rush something in and then not be available to support it if it isn't working 100% as intended.

So look for the reserved number upload/synchronization functionality sometime the second week of April (and Steve G. - I'll email you and Phil to give it a test run sometime before it gets launched to the general population).

Thanks for your patience on this one. Cool
MyAutoEvents
Site Admin

PostPosted: Mon May 12, 2008 8:03 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

This functionality isn't something that gets used on a frequent basis, so the cycle times are large and it is taking a while to flesh-out the details of how this will work in final form.

There are a couple organizations using this function in a "Beta" state to verify it is working as desired and identify missing needs. If your group is not part of that test but needs to leverage this functionality to keep their reserved number list in sync, send an email to support@myautoevents.com and I'll respond with a link to access the entry upload page and instructions on how to use it.

Cool
Post new topic   Reply to topic    MyAutoEvents.com Forum Index -> Feature Requests All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: