MyAutoEvents.com Forum Index MyAutoEvents.com
Discussion and Support Forums

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Link clubs to users

Post new topic   Reply to topic    MyAutoEvents.com Forum Index -> Feature Requests
View previous topic :: View next topic  
ehresman

PostPosted: Sun Apr 08, 2007 2:07 pm    Post subject: Link clubs to users Reply with quote

Folks:

It would be useful if a user member could list clubs they are interested in, in order to receive notifications when there is any change in a club's status or content. My particular interest is to be informed if any of the several clubs I am either a member of or are nearby geographically add an event or change the details of an event they have already published.

This might be done by adding a "My Clubs" feature to the user account where a user may select clubs of interest. A notice might be triggered on a change in the "Last updated" field for a club, or something more sophisticated based on the kind of change.

Having a "My Clubs" feature available, there might be a check box for automatically updating "My Calendar" based on events in the selected clubs.

Cheers;
Bob
MyAutoEvents
Site Admin

PostPosted: Sun Apr 08, 2007 4:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Bob -

There are actually two ways to keep up to date on events that are of interest to you.

1. Add the events to your calendar. This will mark your interest in that event and include you in any notifications that are sent by the event organizer as well as the automated reminders that are generated as the event approaches.

2. Create search agents. When you perform an event search, you can save the search criteria as an agent that will send you an email notice whenever an event is added to MyAutoEvents that meets your criteria. The "create search agent" link is at the bottom of each search result page including the event list shown below the club details for each individual club. Using the link at the bottom of the club/event listing is in effect subscribing to that club as you will be notified whenever an event is added by that organization.

Cool

("Folks?" I have gained a little weight over the course of the winter, but I hope I'm not so large that I need to be referred to as a plural! Laughing )
phile

PostPosted: Mon Apr 09, 2007 12:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

>Folks

Steve, you have such a large and well-run operation here that seems likely to many observers that it must be mantained by a whole troop of well-trained technicians!
Post new topic   Reply to topic    MyAutoEvents.com Forum Index -> Feature Requests All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: