MyAutoEvents.com Forum Index MyAutoEvents.com
Discussion and Support Forums

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Things I'd like to see

Post new topic   Reply to topic    MyAutoEvents.com Forum Index -> Feature Requests
View previous topic :: View next topic  
BradC

PostPosted: Sun Sep 28, 2003 11:02 pm    Post subject: Things I'd like to see Reply with quote

Just a few things I'd like to see this site able to do before I can actually use it. Sorry if I seem to come on a little strong, but I'm a software tester, programmer, and webmaster and I've found it's best to be direct about things like this. That also means if you'd like any help with doing any of this I am more than willing to pitch in. Anywho:

AXWare export needs to actually be importable by AXWare (see last item about this as well)

First and Last name fields just confuse AXWare so I used an additional field for Full Name, but now the name doesn't display on the entry list page. Same sort of issue for all the car information (though it's more for my sanity than AXWare on this one). After all is said and done all I see is a class, number, city, and state...not very helpful Smile

MUCH better interface for managing the class list. Just letting me upload a spreadsheet or something would be a huge improvment (for the other form fields as well), but for now I'd settle for "Move Up", "Move Down", and "Reset To...(Saved List)"

Required items actually need to be required instead of it just being a suggestion.

Names/emails/phone numbers on clubs and events need to be able to be tied to an account instead of being free-form data. I don't want to change my phone number in 6 places. Ever.

Finally, I have a VERY odd situation with my class list that I can't seem to manage with the site. Anyone running on street tires gets a 3% PAX/RTP bonus. To deal with this in AXWare we duped the class list (much like the ladies classes are now) and gave them all new indexes. We have an indexed Street Tire class and an indexed Ladies class. If you are on street tires you must be in one of these two classes to get the bonus, but because of the software the actual class you end up in is prefixed with either an L or a T and suffixed with a T (so an E Stock person could be in ES, LEST, or TEST, but not EST).

I can't make EST in the class list because someone could sign up for a class they can't actually be in. Simply defining two index classes of T and L doesn't cut it because I need to know if an L is also a T. I can use the "Street Tires (Y/N)" item for this extra info but I need to process that info into the class before the export. I can do all of this processing on my end but that means I'm the only person in my club who can do this and I already have plenty to do. Right now the only solution I can come up with is to let me run a custom script of some sort on the data before exporting it.
MyAutoEvents
Site Admin

PostPosted: Mon Dec 08, 2003 8:48 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks for your feedback.
MyAutoEvents
Site Admin

PostPosted: Mon Feb 16, 2004 10:22 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The AXWRATS export has been updated to include a format compatible with the latest version of that software.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    MyAutoEvents.com Forum Index -> Feature Requests All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: