MyAutoEvents.com Forum Index MyAutoEvents.com
Discussion and Support Forums

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

New Services and Prices

Post new topic   Reply to topic    MyAutoEvents.com Forum Index -> Announcements
View previous topic :: View next topic  
MyAutoEvents
Site Admin

PostPosted: Sun May 20, 2007 10:32 pm    Post subject: New Services and Prices Reply with quote

As you may have seen, a new pricing model is now in place for MyAutoEvents.com. This change in policy is effective immediately (5/21/2007). An overview can be found here: MyAutoEvents.com Services and Pricing

Three primary changes:
1. Accepting online registration through MyAutoEvents.com is no longer a free service. The charge to process entries online without online payment is $35 per event, regardless of event type or number of entries received.
2. New Feature! Organizations can now accept entry fees online directly into their own PayPal account for instant access to event funds. The charge for using this feature is $35 per event, regardless of event type or number of entries received.

(note of clarification, the charge for either of the two options above is $35, which is not cumulative - if you process entries AND collect entry fees to your organization's PayPal account the event charge is ONLY $35.)

3. The option is still available to accept online entries and payment using the MyAutoEvents.com PayPal account with per-transaction charges of $1.50 plus 3% per online payment, however all events that turn on this feature from today (5/21/2007) forward will be subject to a minimum $35 per event charge (i.e. if total service charges collected for all payments processed is less than $35, this amount will be rounded up to $35).

What does this mean to existing events? I want to be as fair as possible to existing MyAutoEvents.com users. Therefore....

Events previously created are grandfathered-in at the old rates.

1. If you created an event utilizing free online registration, your event will continue to function and accept entries - no new or additional charges apply.
2. If your event is currently accepting online payments through the MyAutoEvents.com merchant account, the disbursement for your event will NOT be subject to the minimum $35 charge.

Why the change?

Short and to the point: it had to happen. This is the first change to the MyAutoEvents.com serivice and pricing model since the ability to accept entry fees online was added in early 2002. Since that time MyAutoEvents.com has become *incredibly* popular - THANK YOU for your patronage and support! Unfortunately, this popularity is a double-edged sword. With the increase in use comes an increased need for system resources, bandwidth, and my time supporting the site. Add to this the fact that other online registration sites have entered the marketplace and it simply is not possible to remain viable in a competitive environment when over 80% of site volume is leveraging free services and not generating revenue (other than ad-revenue which is amazingly small). Likewise it simply wouldn't be fair to further burden those organizations/individuals who choose to use MAE's paid services with a price increase to cover the cost of supporting site growth for all those who only use free services. This change in pricing is primarily intended to redistribute site costs across all users of MyAutoEvents.com fairly and equitably.

Unfortunately, with any change comes some level of grief. I'm sure some of those that have grown accustomed to using MyAutoEvents.com registration services for free will be put-off by having to pay for this capability. Hopefully you understand the reasoning behind this change and can support MyAutoEvents.com going forward.

For those that have leveraged MyAutoEvents.com paid services in the past THANK YOU for continuing to make this site available. Please take note of the new online payment processing option where you can collect entry fees directly into your own PayPal account. If your club hosts larger events or requires online prepayment for entry there is a real opportunity to cut per-event costs by leveraging this option.

This is the start of a new era for MyAutoEvents.com (I couldn't write this entire message without at least one cliche!). I look forward to hearing your comments and questions, so feel free to post here in the support forum, use the Contact Us form on the site, or email me directly at steve@myautoevents.com .

Cool
CivicSiRacer

PostPosted: Wed May 23, 2007 10:18 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Maybe I missed it, but what about Test events? Getting charged for that? What about events that do not have any registration? We have 2-3 events we cannot do registration for, since the event site itself restricts us from doing so. But they are still part of our region and we help that event site run the event.

How does one get charged the $35? Is it automatically coming out of the event registrar's PayPal.com account?
MyAutoEvents
Site Admin

PostPosted: Wed May 23, 2007 5:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

CivicSiRacer wrote:
Maybe I missed it, but what about Test events? Getting charged for that?

Nope. Still free. Play around all you want. The only change to this is that now "Testing/Experimentation" events are limited to 10 entries.

CivicSiRacer wrote:
What about events that do not have any registration? We have 2-3 events we cannot do registration for, since the event site itself restricts us from doing so. But they are still part of our region and we help that event site run the event.

PUBLISHING AN EVENT ON MYAUTOEVENTS.COM IS FREE. Please continue to add any and all events to the MyAutoEvents.com calendar.

This change in services and pricing is focused on the online registration services provided by MyAutoEvents.com.

CivicSiRacer wrote:
How does one get charged the $35? Is it automatically coming out of the event registrar's PayPal.com account?

When the event organizer clicks on the "Add Online Registration Services to this Event" link at the top of the event listing they will be presented with a list of choices to choose from:
1. Online registration without online payment processing
2. Online registration with online payment processing directly into the organization's merchant account.
3. Online registration with online payment processing using the MyAutoEvents.com merchant account.

If you pick option one or two, you will be directed to PayPal to remit the necessary service fee. Once the payment is completed, your event is authorized to accept online registration and just needs to be configured with the details as they relate to your event (entry fees, class list, entry from, etc... - next, next, next...).

Great questions, thanks for asking!

Cool
wdrsbtr

PostPosted: Fri Jun 01, 2007 4:09 pm    Post subject: Once a year cost Reply with quote

How about a setup that I can be charged a flat fee to add as many
events as I want in a calendar year? It would be easier for my group
if it was one fee and not a lot of little fees. Our club does not have a
paypal account. I would prefer to pay one fee per year than a bunch
of little fees. We run 5-8 events per year. Thanks.

Curt Rosenstengel
Furrin Group Speed co-chair
Grand Rapids, MI
MyAutoEvents
Site Admin

PostPosted: Fri Jun 01, 2007 4:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Curt -

Excellent suggestion!

I see where you are coming from and I think we can work out something that is reasonable.

Contact me directly by email ( steve@myautoevents.com ) so we can hammer out the details and get you set for the rest of the season.

Cool

Two additional points, however:
1. You could use option #3 and accept online registration with online payments for your events with no upfront cost.
2. A PayPal account is not required to submit any payment through MyAutoEvents.com. PayPal is the payment processor, but it can be used just like any other merchant account. If you don't have a PayPal account payment can be made with any credit card or by eCheck if you prefer.
itsa914

PostPosted: Thu Jun 14, 2007 1:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
Unfortunately, with any change comes some level of grief. I'm sure some of those that have grown accustomed to using MyAutoEvents.com registration services for free will be put-off by having to pay for this capability. Hopefully you understand the reasoning behind this change and can support MyAutoEvents.com going forward.

Bummer Sad We are a small region with usually 40-50 drivers at our events. While I understand the reason for the change I wish there could have been some sort of email notice about the change. We just had our BOD meeting last night and I could have asked if we can afford to use the service or not.

Anyway, thanks for the great site and I am sure we will still use it just have to convince our BOD that it is ok.
MyAutoEvents
Site Admin

PostPosted: Sat Jun 16, 2007 8:43 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

itsa914 wrote:
Bummer Sad We are a small region with usually 40-50 drivers at our events. While I understand the reason for the change I wish there could have been some sort of email notice about the change.

Sorry to catch you off guard. In addition to posting to the Announcements section of the MAE support forum, a link to the policy change was placed right in the center of the MAE home page. I was tempted to send out an email notice to all event organizers as well, but I'm not really setup for that (no mechanism to allow people to "unsubscribe") and feared the backlash that spamming people could possibly create.

I fully understand the resources/dynamics of small clubs - small events are great events! I am personally committed to supporting all organizations big and small, and the choices available now allow you to use the MyAutoEvents online registration system in the way that best meets your needs and budget. The $35 price was specifically chosen to have as small an impact on event finances as possible - making all MyAutoEvents.com features available for the cost of a typical Autocross entry.

itsa914 wrote:
Anyway, thanks for the great site and I am sure we will still use it just have to convince our BOD that it is ok.

No THANK YOU! Let me know if you or your BOD has any additional questions or concerns.
FCSCC

PostPosted: Sun Jul 01, 2007 2:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think our club (FCSCC) would also be interested in a yearly pre-pay arrangement for event registration. We have a schedule that should be good for the rest of the year, and we might as well get the online registration fees paid.

Some issues that I think would need to be addressed are a discount allowing for future value of money (and proably less administrative work on your part), and the possibility of (at least partial) refunds for cancelled events (cancelled in this case meaning online registration was never opened).

Thanks,
Dave Williamson
President, FCSCC
Post new topic   Reply to topic    MyAutoEvents.com Forum Index -> Announcements All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: