MyAutoEvents.com Forum Index MyAutoEvents.com
Discussion and Support Forums

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

SCCA Race Event Registration

Post new topic   Reply to topic    MyAutoEvents.com Forum Index -> Feature Requests
View previous topic :: View next topic  
pistonwheels

PostPosted: Wed Sep 28, 2005 8:05 pm    Post subject: SCCA Race Event Registration Reply with quote

I'm the Regional Exec for Central Carolinas Region SCCA. We've used MAE for several autox events and for our hillclimb this year (Thanks Very Happy ).

For the first time, I am trying it for a Club Race. There's a number of changes/updates I would like to see.

It was a REAL PAIN Sad to have to delete classes one-by-one. Then another REAL Pain to have to ADD them one by one (with the page recycling each time and you being put to the top of the screen and having to scroll down Evil or Very Mad every time). Could there be an option like our email inboxes work, whereby we put a check mark in a box beside an entry then Delete all checked lines?
Is it possible to add several lines and then allocate the Class?
Finally on this part, a SORT option would be really great, so that when complete, the drop-down class box is in alphabetical order.

SCCA Regulations REQUIRE every race entrant and/or driver to sign a form that states that they will abide by the GCR and their car meets all requirements. A problem we're having is getting an entry list with one-entry-per-page, where we can have the official wording and a signature and date area on it. I've been trying to achieve this in Excel but no luck so far.

Our October event allows for 3 drivers. I had to use some of the other fields for this. It would be nice if one could define the field length for additional fields (such as saying a text box is 10 or 20 or 30 chars - it doesn't have to be exact).

I've tried to create an online Worker Registration form. For SCCA races this requires the medical form, so I used the Club Racing template, but I can't change the Headings that appear when I select the "Entry List", so it shows Tire and Class. A suitable Worker Registration template would be great - it can be derived from the Club Racing one.

Is it possible to provide a way to make "Event Location" a URL link, so people can go straight to a track website for directions, etc.
Probably every SCCA club race has "Supplemental Regulations". Can a box be rpovided where these can be linked in. I built both Supps and the Schedule into one document and loaed under "Event Flyer or Entry Form", but I would like to make every entrant HAVE To click on the Supps, as they are a necessary part of the event rules. Currently, in event description I have to tell people to click on Event Flyer for the Supps.

There is a bug - if you type a long "Class List Name" in, when you click on Next you get the following error:

Unexpected Error

Error Source: frmClassList.Submit
Error Code: -6502
Error Message: ORA-06502: PL/SQL: numeric or value error: character string buffer too small

Could you add Log Book Number to the list of defined fields.

If you would like to get a copy of the Entry Form we have been using for our races, let me know and I will provide or check out http://www.ccrscca.com and the link for the October race. There's some PDF's of the forms there.

By the way, in May 2006 I will be running an event that is actually 3 races, 3 sanctions. I would like to discuss the challenges of that sometime.

I wil be providing a review of our use of MAE to the S E Division SCCA at our annual mtg in January.

Thanks for your time.
Martin B.
MyAutoEvents
Site Admin

PostPosted: Thu Sep 29, 2005 9:01 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Martin -

Awesome feedback. Thank you so much!

Many of your suggestions are already in development, the rest will be added to the list.

Look for *MAJOR* improvements in the MyAutoEvents entry/registration system in the near future.

If you want to discuss changes/capabilities or have other questions, use the Contact Us form and we can get an email dialog started that way.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    MyAutoEvents.com Forum Index -> Feature Requests All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: