MyAutoEvents.com Forum Index MyAutoEvents.com
Discussion and Support Forums

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Adding Indexed Classes

Post new topic   Reply to topic    MyAutoEvents.com Forum Index -> Event Organizer Q & A
View previous topic :: View next topic  
71 MGB

PostPosted: Fri Mar 17, 2006 9:07 am    Post subject: Adding Indexed Classes Reply with quote

I have been experimenting with the testing mode prior to a possible switch to your service for our region's Solo events. I think I understand most everything but have come up with one question. In addition to the usual SCCA classes we also have local Novice, Pro, Street Tire, and Vintage classes which are open to multiple car classes and scored using the RTP index. When I add these classes and check the yes box for indexed class they do not appear as a choice when making an event registration, nor do I see a way for the competitor to enter what would be their regular open class. Perhaps I'm misunderstanding the choice of indexed class in the event setup, but is there a way to set up the event registration to have the competitor enter both their open class and designate they are running in an indexed class? For example, in my case I run in Vintage Index with a car that would otherwise be FSP.

Thanks in advance,

Ric Johnson
MyAutoEvents
Site Admin

PostPosted: Sat Mar 18, 2006 9:13 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ric -

It sounds like you have your classes setup correctly. The next step is to modify your entry form to accept both the base class and indexed class.

There is a "Base Class Picklist" for choosing the base class and an "Indexed Class Picklist" for choosing the indexed class.

You need to have both of these items on your entry form in order to accept entries into an indexed class.

A little more information here: http://www.myautoevents.com/forums/viewtopic.php?t=59
71 MGB

PostPosted: Sat Mar 18, 2006 2:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

MyAutoEvents wrote:
Ric -

It sounds like you have your classes setup correctly. The next step is to modify your entry form to accept both the base class and indexed class.

Doh! Now I understand and it works...

Thanks for the help!

Ric Johnson
Post new topic   Reply to topic    MyAutoEvents.com Forum Index -> Event Organizer Q & A All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: